When done well, an engagement letter allows you and your client to become aligned on any terms, objectives, services, and stipulations before starting to work together.
A good engagement letter can…
- Set the tone for your future working relationship
- Be templatized and automated to save your team time
- Address potential issues before they become actual issues
- Prevent awkward conversations
- Protect you legally
- Lay the groundwork for client success
This guide explores why many accounting firms are doing engagement letters the wrong way, and examines the 6 sections every engagement letter needs.